GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Thursday 19 May 2011

DREAMING BIG & Fun with Light!!

So I did a shoot a couple of weeks back, with clothing designer, loving philosopher, and all round bundle of joy, Zara Khalique. You have probably seen some of Manchester's finest rocking her cool and customised streetwear and striking designs. Check out her WEBSITE for designs and stuff.

While we're on this, I have to also point you towards her other site - KEEP IT BRIGHT - Joyous and uplifting don't even begin to describe how the mantras and messages can make you feel! Check it out and spread the word to your people.

Back to the shoot and the basic premise I was coming with was spending a lovely Sunday afternoon running around in a darkened room with lights of different colours while my good friend, Emma Dixon, modelled Zara's amazing designs. Emma's stunnning make-up was, again, applied by the very talented Bev Crawford- I have ran out of superlatives to describe just how good Bev is. Just hire her for any photo/bridal needs you have.









I thought the light painting theme of the shoot suited Zara's colourful designs really well- and we all got in on the fun, coming up with various silly ideas to try out, and in the end I even ended up modelling for a shot- though I'm not going to take over from Emma anytime soon. I'll stick to my side of the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment