GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Monday 21 March 2011

The Award Winning Short, Flux

I've had a feelin recently to stop being so self indulgent here. While im still going to publicise all my work gigs and musings over them, there so much other work which is so massively inspirational, where the very least it deserves is for me to say 'check this out, its pretty cool'.

So where to start... this may not be as easy as it sounded in my head.

OK, well first up I was at Screentest Fest this weekend, the UK's National Student Film Festival. I got to watch loads of awesome work from some of our top filmmaking talent and was really struck by the amount of good work on show and the overall quality of the productions was astounding considering the time and budget constraints for these guys.

My main reason for attending was to support a friend of mine. Mr Sing J Lee hasn't produced much work in his budding career yet, but the quality and aesthetic of everything he's output is staggering. He had two films in the festival, Order- an experimental short- and Flux a short narrative about a young couple. Combined the two films were nominated for six awards and Flux won the prestigious award of 'Best Drama' and rightfully so (I would've given it best cinematography too but lets not be greedy!).

I look forwards to seeing Sing's future work but we can dwell on the present for now. Ladies and gentlemen.... Flux.

FLUX - A SHORT FILM from Sing J. Lee on Vimeo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment