GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Jaguar Jones and the Two Dollar Show

I've been mega slack with my blog lately. Apologies. I barely have a chance to sit down nowadays, let alone recount past gigs and shoots with acompanying prose (although I find time to repost amusing youtube videos about a bodybuilders fishy diet- a question of priorities perhaps!).

This changes now (until tomorrow anyway)!


My friend in Jaguar Jones played at the Two Dollar Show recently so I made my way down to take some snaps. The Two Dollar Show (TDS) is help upstairs in Trof, Fallowfield, every Thursday night. For a measly £2 (see what they did?) you get to see a selection of the regions more hotly tipped upcoming bands in a space not much larger than a living room- with a matchboxed sized smoking area to boot.

 It all makes for a very cosy evening as they sure pack out the space, which makes for a great atmosphere- and means I'm restricted to the widest lens I own and positioned roughly 4 or 5 millimetres from frontman Lewis' guitar, which he kindly avoids smashing into the camera as I shoot!

The Jag Jones sound fills the room with catchy riffs and memorable hooks- a perfect rock recipe baked to perfection- and impresses not only their attending fanbase, but surely some of the people attending to find something new. They're certainly a fivesome on the up, and i'll be there snapping at the front as they rise.










No comments:

Post a Comment