GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Monday 4 April 2011

...and now for something completely different (1)

After shooting in clubs for about 2 1/2 years, its safe to say i have tried and taken, most of the styles of shots I can dream up. Theres only so many ways of shooting a person and 2 turntables (and about 1 way of shooting someone on a laptop, but don't get me started on them!). So I do try, when given an opportunity, to mix things up a bit with the processing/post production. At the very least somebody flicking through my albums may not get bored quite so soon...

With this in mind, I recently shot a Japanese fundraiser clubnight in Manchester- it was a very hastily arranged affair with some of the biggest DJs and Promoters banding together for the cause- and some 40 or 50 people wanting a go on the decks! I decided to shoot the night in black and white, but to also stick a large red circle over each picture, mimicking a japanese flag. I thought this would be a good idea to help raise more awareness and for anyone flicking through the pictures to have a constant reminder of the cause we were supporting.








The night raised the best part of £3000 for the Japanese Red Cross. A fantastic sum, and I have all the love in the world for those who came to support and help organise the event. x

No comments:

Post a Comment