GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Saturday 2 April 2011

I Love Me & Yu

I did a shoot recently for the clothing brand 'Me & Yu'. These guys are awesomely talented people who currently occupy most of the top floor of Afflecks in Manchester, as well as a small corner of the internet.

(http://www.meandyu.com/)
I love studio and fashion photography as its such a contrast to what I normally do. Music events are all about capturing the spontanaeity and energy of the event, and adapting to whatever light/space conditions are thrown at you. Fashion photography is about letting your mind run away with ideas- you can come up with nearly any concept imaginable and then, through careful control of lights, props and models, turn it into an image.





When I was planning the Me & Yu shoot, as well as the 'regular' shots you would see on most clothing websites, I wanted to do something different, something which reflected the artistry and consideration that goes into everything Me & Yu create. I came up with a short storyboard of a boy and a girl, creating the world around them by simply drawing it out of nothingness- I wanted them to create themselves, construct a man made scene, become tired and bored of this and start again, creating a green and flowering utopia. From the final story, its possible to draw all kinds of connotations- from a biblical 'genesis' story, to one reflecting societies move towards a greener and more harmonious relationship with our planet- but in reality I just thought it would look really cool, and be fun to edit the final images.


So here's what we ended up with.... im pretty happy with it and they were too! More collabs in the future I hope!









No comments:

Post a Comment