GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Annie Leibovitz- Genius, Legend

I'm currently reading Annie Leibovitz's 'At Work'. Its awesome.

She is an amazing photographer and has created an enormous amount of amazing photos and everyone who enjoys using a camera should read it.

This passage hits the nail on the head for me...

"As much as I love pictures that have been set up, and as important as those pictures are to me, I'd rather photograph something that occurs on its own. The tension between those two kind of photographs is at the heart of what I do. It's not a conflict, but sometimes it's useful to remember that things are happening right in front of you and that you don't have to complicate the situation. You can take what's given to you. You just need your mind and your eye."

Perfection




No comments:

Post a Comment