GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Thursday 7 October 2010

Example- Manchester Academy 2- 29/09/10

I arrived at the Student Union with just a few minutes to spare before Examples performance, to be greeted by the most packed out Academy 2 that I have ever witnessed. Fair play really as tonights headline act has had all his singles A-listed on Radio 1 and, if anywhere, I would have expected him to be playing the main Academy venue.

Making my way to the front (made easier while waving a large and heavy camera in peoples faces!), I arrive in the pit just in time as the crowd erupts and Example takes to the stage to his smash hit 'Won't Go Quietly'. After my 3 song photo allowance, I watched the rest of his set from the side and was quite impressed. For somebody  I wouldn't note down as my cup of tea, his stage show was lively and energetic and kept the crowd buzzing throughout- even though it became apparent a decent proportion of them only knew the radio singles.

After a pretty long set for an artist with just one album, Example encored with his debut hit 'Watch the Sun Come Up' and the crowd left happy. I got home to find the following gems amongst the shots I took...

Example - Manchester - 29/09/10

Example - Manchester - 29/09/10

Example - Manchester - 29/09/10

Example - Manchester - 29/09/10

No comments:

Post a Comment