GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Plan B - Manchester Academy - 15/10/10

Its when I get to shoot the biggest selling UK artist of 2010 that I know I must be doing something right. Plan B's 'The Defamation of Strickland Banks' has received great reviews from all quarters and he's sold out the Manchester Academy tonight on the back of it. The crowd is quite the mix of demographics and a suitable demonstration of his new material's mainstream appeal, and why some of my friends now hate him. Either way its a far cry from the first time I saw him perform; in this very building supporting Roots Manuva, just one young man and an acoustic guitar on stage.

As far as the performance goes, it's flawless. The stage is mocked up to the theme of the album and the star and his band are suited and booted. Plan B rattles through his new album, the audience loving every minute and the excellent decor and lighting means I got some excellent shots. Shame I had to leave before the end to get to another gig.

Plan B - Manchester Academy - 15/10/10

Plan B - Manchester Academy - 15/10/10

Plan B - Manchester Academy - 15/10/10

Plan B - Manchester Academy - 15/10/10

Plan B - Manchester Academy - 15/10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment