GB Multimedia - Professional Music & Fashion Photography by Gary Brown

Wednesday 27 October 2010

KT Tunstall - Ritz, Manchester - 21/10/10

Occasionally I arrive at a gig in good time, get to meet my fellow photographers who are there, find out who's shooting for what publications/agencies. I can guage the lighting during the support acts and get a feel for what settings I may have to use.

I wasn't able to do any of these for KT Tunstall's gig in Manchester last week. Some city centre roadworks and a lack of nearby parking meant I arrived at the Ritz with about 4 seconds to spare before KT took to the stage. Ms Tunstall has had a bit of a sabbatical recently. After releasing two acclaimed albums, she literally took the money and ran, taking a trip round the world and generally enjoying the life that fame and fortune grants. In fact, her third song was one written while travelling on a boat in the Arctic with "a load of scientists and a load of musicians" (sounds like a cool trip!), showing that her time away wasn't totally squandered.

Luckily for me following my late arrival, the lighting was excellent and I didn't have to worry too much. The main problem was the 3 other photographers in the pit, getting in each others way- all part of the job though! And once again my photo-pass got me thrown out of the building after the allocated first 3 songs- I'm none to happy about the frequency of this happening!

KT Tunstall, Manchester, 21/10/10

KT Tunstall, Manchester, 21/10/10

KT Tunstall, Manchester, 21/10/10

KT Tunstall, Manchester, 21/10/10

KT Tunstall, Manchester, 21/10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment